In Ethiopia, significant progress has been made in creating an enabling environment for nutrition. The first-ever Food and Nutrition Policy was endorsed by the Council of Ministers in November 2018 and launched nationally in 2019. Several line ministries, along with a range of partners, developed a comprehensive Food and Nutrition Policy (FNP) to guide the delivery of a range of effective nutrition-specific and sensitive interventions to reduce the high burden of malnutrition. To support this policy, the ‘Costed National Food and Nutrition Strategy 2020–2030’ (FNSS) is in the final stage of development which identifies key interventions that would be implemented at a significant scale within the next ten years. The Food and Nutrition Strategy sets objectives, general strategies, and monitoring framework to expand a core package of nutrition-specific and sensitive interventions.
Title: Communication Consultant
Location Addis Abeba, MOH
Duration 12 months
Start Date August 15, 2021
Reporting to Nutrition Specialist NOD
The Main Responsibilities of the Post are:
Coordinate Analysis of Digital Assets
- Conduct existing FMOH and FMOH partner organizations’ Social Media, website audit, assessing the usability of the existing Social Media accounts and the layout to ensure the correct information is disseminated correctly for the established target audience.
- Map out potential target audiences and assess their social media preferences and trends of utilizations for each website
- To set FMOH MCH directorate accounts (Facebook, tweeter, YouTube, Instagram, Telegram, WhatsApp and others)
- Audit regularly the newly created social media accounts and ensure that they are properly established and managed
- Support the Ministry in developing a social media plan that should include a list of digital assets, market components, and meet the digital platforms' FMOH primary objectives and objectives.
- Develop social media and digital marketing measurement framework to track content of posts and view their relativity and track the framework to document successful positions versus those that do not gain traction
- Support the Minister in regularly exporting metrics from established social media platforms, updating the Food and Nutrition Policy/Strategy measurement framework, and conducting all necessary analysis.
- Document best practices
- Build the capacity of an expert at the Ministry on development of social media plan and social media monitoring who will manage the account in the future
- Develop social media guideline for the FMOH to be used for the staff who will take over from the consultant.
- Ensure development and use of Content Calendar
- Support the FMOH in developing a Month-to-month content calendar that will help plan, disseminate content and track social media initiatives
- Ensure the use of the content calendar for pre-planning of content of posts, video uploads, email newsletters
- Report on Audit of the websites
- Develop digital marketing strategy for the Food and Nutrition Policy/strategy for visibility and advocacy
- Ministry of Health, Maternal and Children Health Directorate, organizational accounts (Facebook, tweeter, Youtube, Instagram, Telegram, WhatsApp and others)
- Social media and digital marketing plan and measurement framework on monthly bases
- Monthly social media content calendar
- The monthly Activity report and document lesson learned
- Master’s degree in communication with two years of experience on similar position
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, digital marketing, Marketing with four years of experience
- Prior experience with developing digital marketing strategies, building and managing various social media accounts
- Strong ability to multi-task and a drive for on-time delivery required.
- Excellent written and spoken language skills; and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Prior experience of working in a team and partnership with various organizations