Deputy Operation Manager
ABH Partners (ABH) is an international development consulting organization providing proficient technical assistance in sectors of Health, Nutrition and WASH, Education and Training, Social and Economic Empowerment, and others. We work in countries like Ethiopia, Syria, Libya, U.S.A. U.A.E, etc. with governments, corporates, not for-profit entities, and multilateral/bilateral agencies including the World Bank, USAID, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP, WHO, KOICA, EU, etc.
- Maintain procurement activities, prepare purchase request and purchase orders in comply with company's policy.
- Implement sourcing strategies to support corporate and divisional objectives.
- providing the company competitive advantage in the areas of materials, supplies and services.
- Check and follow up clearance of imported items from customs is acquired.
- Manage the implementation of sound procurement practices to minimize costs.
- Ensure practical application of basic stock management practices (ordering, storing, tracking, and controlling inventory)
- Responsible for minimizing inventory costs such as holding costs, shortage costs, and order costs.
- oversee the day-to-day operations, which can include negotiating contracts with vendors, assigning tasks, facilitate meetings and implementing initiatives handed down by the general manager or executives.
- Facilitate travel and accommodation arrangements for consultants, trainers and staff for field operation.
- Pay regular visits and control of stock, fixed assets and other properties that belongs to the company.
- Ensure office equipment/furniture and systems are properly maintained.
- Take the lead in matters related to office property including security systems and insurance.
- Ensure that visas for staff traveling abroad as well as for incoming guests are facilitated timely.
- Take a lead in organizing events, trainings and workshops.
- Facilitating proper reporting on operational activities and results.
- Coordinate operations with other departments, working groups and clusters.
- Support the Operations Manager in overall management of the operations department.
- To carry out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Prepare advance payments and ensure their timely settlement.
- Follow up and keep record of expenditures, credit payments and generate periodical reports.
- Maintain record of utility expenses, timely bill settlements, and generate report.
- BA degree in Business Management, Economics, Management, Supply Management.
- At least 4 years of practical experience on similar or related positions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, associates, other department directors and managers and external bodies.
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills.
- High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to facilitate the creation of cross-functional departments and work teams.
- Understand work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Experience in supervising and mentoring personnel and assigned tasks.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, skilled in setting priorities and meeting deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Applicants can apply by clicking on the apply now tab on top of the page.