ABH Partners (ABH) is an international development consulting organization providing proficient technical assistance in sectors of Health, Nutrition and WASH, Education and Training, Social and Economic Empowerment, and others. We work in countries like Ethiopia, Syria, Libya, U.S.A. U.A.E, etc. with governments, corporates, not for-profit entities, and multilateral/bilateral agencies including the World Bank, USAID, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP, WHO, KOICA, EU, etc.
- Inspecting the ambulance before each shift, checking the fuel, oil, transmission fluid, wiper fluid, and coolant, and reporting any needed repairs.
- Checking the first aid and medical supplies inventory levels before each shift and ensuring the ambulance is well-stocked.
- Assisting patients onto gurneys and loading them into the ambulance.
- Driving an ambulance as quickly and as safely as possible to transport patients to the hospital.
- Providing first aid or administering oxygen if the patient requires care before reaching the hospital.
- Sanitizing the ambulance and safely disposing of any medical waste and soiled linens.
- Maintaining your driving log with daily entries and noting patients' names and addresses, travel times, mileage, and service performed.
- Reporting accident facts to medical personnel and police officers, when necessary.
- High school diploma and valid driver's license.
- Minimum of two years' on related driving experience.
- First aid certification.
- Knowledge of radio transmission codes.
- Emergency vehicle operator certification may be advantageous.
- Excellent defensive driving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and reassure frightened patients.
- Great judgment and decision-making skills.
- Good physical agility.