ABH Partners (ABH) is an international development consulting organization providing proficient technical assistance in sectors of Health, Nutrition and WASH, Education and Training, Social and Economic Empowerment, and others. We work in countries like Ethiopia, Syria, Libya, U.S.A. U.A.E, etc. with governments, corporates, not for-profit entities, and multilateral/bilateral agencies including the World Bank, USAID, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP, WHO, KOICA, EU, etc.
ABH Partners Plc. is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing firm in Ethiopia with about 15 years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Bio-Medical Engineer.
- Responsible for installation and training on medical devices to the end users as per the guidelines and manufacturers’ requirement.
- Apply their knowledge of physical science and engineering in an effort to set maintenance service to end users so that the installed devices are serving to the maximum level.
- He/she plan and conduct the preventive maintenance of the medical machines installed by the company along with the suppliers.
- Will be responsible to ensure that all medical equipment is operating to the standard of the manufacturer. This involves problem resolution; preventive
- Maintenance; calibration and repair of all medical devices and equipment; training and development and maintaining all documentation as it relates to repairs. They may also specialize in repairing equipment for a specific use: for example, mechanical ventilators, Anesthesia machines, Biochemistry machines, hematology machines…etc. As a Biomedical Engineering Technologist you will:
- Ensure that all medical equipment installed are running satisfying the end user to the maximum limit.
- Provide preventive maintenance to medical equipment in a safe, self-directed and timely manner.
- Prepare documentation and maintain records pertaining to all repairs, replacement parts, calibrations and modifications or upgrading of medical equipment.
- Identify aging and obsolete patient care equipment to departmental managers and the Clinical Engineer.
- Provide supporting documentation for the assessment, justification and selection of new devices while doing the routine activity on the field.
- He/she will be responsible to specify, quantify and sales of the spare parts and accessories required for either preventive or corrective maintenance of machines installed.
- He/she will be responsible to organize the required set-up for the maintenance service along with putting the required tools and manuals SOP) for the section.
- He/she will be responsible to check and advise on the right storage and transportation of medical devices.
- He/she will be handling other related duties and responsibilities by the company/division.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
- Strong interest in medical equipment maintenance and ambition to learn more
- The ability to think analytically and try all his/her best to solve problems.
- The ability to visualize complex processes and equipment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Creativity and persistence.
- A willingness to improve their knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis.
- The ability to work effectively with people from various disciplines and educational backgrounds.
- Willing to travel and work in remote areas.
- B.Sc. degree graduate from a university Bio-medical Engineering
- Experience of 0 – 3 Years
- Terms: For one year with possible extension
- Number of Vacancy’s: 5
How to Apply
Applicants can apply by clicking on the apply now tab on top of the page.Qualified candidates who fulfill the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by UNICEF.