ABH Partners (ABH) is an international development
consulting organization providing proficient technical assistance in sectors of
Health, Nutrition and WASH, Education and Training, Social and Economic
Empowerment, and others. We work in countries like Ethiopia, Syria, Libya,
U.S.A. U.A.E, etc. with governments, corporates, not for-profit entities, and
multilateral/bilateral agencies including the World Bank, USAID, WFP, UNICEF,
UNDP, WHO, KOICA, EU, etc.
ABH Partners Plc. is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing firm in Ethiopia with about 15 years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Human Resource and Contracts Manager.
• Provide advice and support to Director of Administration and Finance and the Chief Executive Officer on human resources related matters,
• Prepare HR reports (annual leaves, performance evaluations & benefits packages) periodically
• Identify upcoming full time and part-time vacancies in coordination with the respective heads of departments, management, project director or partners working with ABH
• Lead & participate in the whole recruitment activity including vacancy announcements, shortlisting, interviewing, reference checkup, job offer, and induction orientation of staff hired under ABH to its corporate clients and also internal staff of ABH
• Determine and recommend benefits and entitlements for staff on the basis of contractual status
• Administer and control entitlements of part-time and full-time staffs,
• Provide advice to the executive management on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules and regulations in Ethiopia
• Developing, with line managers, HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements in terms of numbers and skill levels;
• Review policies and procedures and recommend changes as required
• Design, plan, monitor and provide induction orientation and briefing to a new staff member
• Assist in preparing policy papers, position papers, and briefing notes,
• Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
• Develop, advise on and implement policies relating to the effective use of personnel.
• Maintain Human Resources systems and procedures across all offices and sites, with particular emphasis on ensuring compliance with Ethiopian labor law & ABH personnel manual,
• Ensure all contracts, terms & conditions, job descriptions for staff are issued and are in compliance with the local laws
• Ensure the personnel policy is understood by respective staff
• Acts as a resource person for tracking, monitoring systems, reporting policies and procedure of all kinds of contracts that ABH enters in,
• Update each contract ledger on a monthly basis and present the status to management and users
• Actively participates in the process of annual budget preparation and review program department budgets and performance targets;
• Examine contract related vouchers and other supporting documents before payment is effected
• To carry out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervisor.
• Provide support and guidance on HR issues as required
• Liaise with clients for the provision of HR recruitment and management services
• BA/ MA in Human resource management, business administration, management from a recognized university
• Minimum of 8 years/ 6 years of relevant work experience and at list 2 years work in recruitment agencies as HR officer and above positions.
• Ability to build relationships with a large diverse group of teams,
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability in planning, problem-solving and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written English skills.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply by clicking on the apply now tab on top of the page.
Qualified candidates who fulfill the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by ABH.