About Washington Medical Center (WMC)
Washington Medical Center (WMC) is a specialized Secondary healthcare facility managed and staffed by Ethiopian, American, and other foreign doctors who are committed to providing expert, high quality, and affordable medical services to all Ethiopians, residents, and visitors of Ethiopia, including International Organizations, Embassies, Business Firms, and Insurance Companies.
WMC has been established under Washington Healthcare PLC, which by itself is a subsidiary of Washington Healthcare LLC incorporated in Washington D.C. (USA). WMC is certified by the New Ethiopian Government Standard Authority Health Facility Minimum Standard Requirement (Ethiopian Standard ES 36192012) for specialty medical centers and is licensed to operate accordingly.
Washington Medical Center (WMC) is looking for a detail-oriented senior accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The senior accountant's responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
To be successful as a senior accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding senior accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
Post title: Senior Accountant
Required number: One
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Employment Status: Full Time
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the Recruitment Process
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare accurate financial information with the help of inputs from the finance team on time.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by verifying, allocating, posting and entering transactions.
- Prepare error-free accounting reports and their results.
- Conduct account reconciliation regularly on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Analyze the financial statements for any discrepancies and issues.
- Identify errors and take actions for improvement.
- Analyze intercompany transactions, bank statements and generate invoices.
- Review accounting systems and make suggestions for improvements.
- Manage bookkeepers and other accountants.
- Assist in the department’s goal-setting process.
- Provide support in the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Provide support in tax returns and tax audit.
- Plan and assign duties to staff members.
- Manage and maintain general ledgers.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Develop financial procedures to improve efficiency.
- Prepare and summarize all the transaction reports and financial status which includes a balance sheet, profit & loss statement.
- Present financial reports to higher management and Accountants.
- Stay up to date knowledge of the latest business trends.
- Any other related activities ordered by the immediate supervisor